Get your class ACTIVE with easy-to-learn dances that develop physical literacy!
The Songs Students Love Resource is created each year based on consultations and requests from students around the world. Surveys are sent in September and the resource is available by October.
Each song is specifically designed to develop Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS), address the Elements of Dance, develop Core Competencies (interpersonal skills) or allow students to explore various genres of dance.
2016-17 SONG LIST
- Build Me Up Buttercup by the Foundations. (Old Skool Themed Dance)
- Can’t Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake. (FMS: Side Jumps, Leap, Pivot)
- Cheap Thrills by Sia. (#1 Requested Song!)
- Fight Song by Rachel Platten. (International connection – #kenyalovestorm)
- Jumpstart by These Kids Wear Crowns. (Element of Dance: Body Isolations, Low/High, Wiggle)
- Happy by Pharell Williams. (Partners, inclusion, interpersonal skills)
- Home Run Anthem by Steve & B. (Baseball Themed Dance, FMS: Throw/Run)
- Honey I’m Good by Andy Grammar. (Country Themed Dance)
- Peanut Butter Jelly Time by Chip Man and the Buckwheat Boys. (FMS: Skipping/Jumping)
- What Do You Mean by Justin Bieber. (Elements of Dance: Slow, Sharp, Body Awareness. FMS Balance)
- SONG # 11 – To be released February 2017*
- SONG # 12 – To be released February 2017*
*Songs for this resource are selected from requests made by students. Send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet them to @tdfu_ed!